Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MS Windows Vista elevated mode..a pain..!!!

Since I installed Vista on my computer, less than in a week time, I had to go back to ever loved and ever worked XP. Reason being..guess..... yes.. you guessed right..! every time you try to perform some action on YOUR pc even being administrator it tells you to login in a previlleged and elevated mode, and I had to spend the whole week searching for the solution to this problem, but I guess my searching was not good enough and I end up going back to Windows Xp. Well, to all the people facing the same trouble here is the solution that will make your life a lot easier if you're a Vista victim.
Follow these simple steps:

1. go to Start >> All Programs >> Accessories
2. Right-click command prompt and click Run As Administrator
3. on the black console that appear in the result of step 2, type the following:
net user administrator /active: yes
4. "This command executed successfully" should appear as the response
5. log off and log on as the administrator

it worked like a charm to me and a bunch of people, you try..if it doesn't work you are such a dump that you can not even execute these simple steps, there are no errors in this command. Good luck.

No comments:

 

Designed & Maintained By: Ather Hashmi
Copyright © 2008 - binaryLogics - All Rights Reserved ®